Families that have participated in our Resource and Referral services, have been offered Home Visiting services, and choose to participate will receive the following benefits:
- Intensive in-home support – Families begin participating in home visits prenatally and are able to continue receiving support until the child is five years old. We strongly encourage dads, grandparents and/or other caretakers to be a part of our visits.
- Information and connection to community resources – A Family Support Worker will work closely with the family to help them connect with community resources throughout their time in the program.
- Support with keeping children up to date with immunizations and health care visits – Staff will work with parents to ensure that their child’s medical needs are met.
- Parent education using a standardized child development curriculum – Parents will benefit from child development activities and information shared from Growing Great Kids, a curriculum that was chosen by families in the program and is endorsed by Healthy Families America.
- Screening for child developmental delays – Staff will partner with parents to ensure that children are developing on target and will connect them with Infants and Toddlers of Child Find for additional in-home resources if a delay is suspected.
- Family-centered goal planning – Parents will benefit from being able to identify what they want for their families and gain support with implementing a plan to obtain it.
- Access to family groups – Parents and children have the opportunity to join other families in group activities and field trips. It is a great way to meet other parents who are also committed to supporting their child’s development.