Abilities Network’s Move Management Department has an opening for a Senior Services Project Manager to coordinate services with clients, vendors and staff for packing assignments with seniors.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Challenges. Be a part of a growing organization that is a leader in its field.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Cultivate and maintain positive external relationships to promote moving services and all Abilities Network services within the daily interactions with vendors and clients
- Consult with individuals/families interested in services. Provide a written estimate for the costs of services and execute the agreement on behalf of Abilities Network. Any agreement whose estimate exceeds $2500 should be reviewed by Director of Move Management Services.
- Develop personalized plan for each customer to include floor planning, coordination of vendors, disposing of unwanted items, etc..
- Function as the lead staff person for all assigned moves.
- Follow through on all aspects of moves, inclusive of logistics, coordination of vendors, and budget adherence.
- Oversee the packing team on site and communicate with Lead Packer as necessary to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Function as the point of contact for vendors, including movers, auctioneers, appraisers, charity pick-up staff, and clean-out crews.
- Operate the agency van, or rented vehicle – driving it to and from work sites as well as utilizing it to obtain needed supplies. Handle the vehicle in accordance with MD law and Abilities Network’s driving policy.
- Pack and unpack, by hand, household goods and personal belongings. Use good judgment when wrapping, stacking and packing items into proper containers.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Sort materials with input from the client. Use compassion and empathy when helping each client work through this process. Provide personal assistance and emotional support to clients as needed.
- Mark and label containers, container tags or products using marking tools.
- Seal containers and materials using tape guns. Use hand or power tools to assemble and disassemble household items.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly manner and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Oversee the clean-out of the former home when necessary.
- Assists with data entry for client and marketing contact information retention.
What does Abilities Network need from me? ·
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.·
- Superior customer service skills as well as the ability to be compassionate, empathetic and socially perceptive required.
- May require dealing with unpleasant, angry or discourteous people.·
- Must be familiar with proper packing and quality control techniques.
- Must use good judgment and have a strong attention to detail.·
- Must possess good communication skills, including active listening skills and the ability to convey information effectively.·
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, bending, twisting, walking, stooping and handling of materials.
- May require working in cramped spaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Must be able to lift materials and boxes of approximately 40 lbs. Must have the ability to stand for 5-6 hours.·
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled and non-controlled conditions.
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment, such as gloves and face masks.·
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group to complete daily activities according to the work schedule. ·
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative relationships with others.·
- Must be willing to be on-call (typically with 2+ weeks notice) as necessary to fulfill the duties of the position.
- Must be able to commit to completing each assigned move.
- Must have excellent time management skills.·
- Must possess basic computers skills and be proficient at (but not limited to) Microsoft word, excel and outlook.·
- Must possess reliable transportation and a valid drivers license to meet the requirements of the position.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Paid time off (Prorated sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prorated Anniversary day off
- Employee referral bonus
Position Type: Part-Time/ Hourly
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.