Abilities Network is looking for a Program Assistant to work as part of our Project ACT Team. In this role, your accountability focuses on to providing high quality customer service to Project ACT’s clients, to support Project ACT’s training program, and to take initial referrals for Project ACT services.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Handle all incoming calls relevant to the program and act as the main point of contact.
- Assist customers with signing up for trainings, accessing resources, making referrals for services, and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide detailed instructions to support participants in navigating the website. Develop knowledge of local resources and childcare system to make effective referrals.
- Support customers with any challenges they are experiencing by being empathetic, offering resources, and providing solutions when possible.
- Update website with all public training sessions including dates, times, descriptions, and appropriate fee schedules.
- Place all pertinent information relating to the program on the website including news and events.
- Register participants for professional development training when needed and facilitate payment.
- Responsible for preparing all outgoing training materials, including roster of training attendees, and ensuring that they contain the most current revisions made by staff writing the curriculum.
- Send certificates of completion to training participants in a timely manner according to Project ACT policies.
- Monitor the pre/post knowledge measure scores on an ongoing basis to determine any trends.
- Monitor and track number of trainings offered, training attendees, and geographical regions.
- Alert Program Manager or Director of Project ACT regarding changes or issues with any training and/or methods of presenting information.
- Track new memberships acquired on the website and place membership information on a spreadsheet.
- Mail invitations/flyers and reminder notices, place follow-up calls, schedule email blasts as requested.
- Take technical assistance and early childhood mental health consultation referrals from childcare providers and families.
- Develop a working knowledge of these services to be able to provide information and answer relevant questions.
- Send parental consent forms through DocuSign software.
- Update caseload and waiting list with referral information.
- Support the Program Administrator in scheduling and preparing for a variety of Project ACT meetings including Advisory Boards (quarterly), Project ACT meetings (monthly), and other general meetings as assigned.
- Prepare agendas, handouts, training materials, necessary a/v equipment, and order food.
- Attend Project ACT Team meetings to take minutes.
- Take, transcribe, and distribute minutes according to Project ACT policies.
- Put meeting room back into standardized set up, and clean up meeting materials and food.
- Attend internal and external meetings as directed to represent Project ACT. Support all aspects of the division.
- Provide entrance to participants for evening trainings as needed.
- Provide coverage for Front Office Receptionist as needed.
- Act as back up coverage for Harford County office. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and dedication to Abilities Network’s MISSION and GUIDING PRINCIPLES. Actively promotes and represents agency philosophy through all interactions with both internal and external customers. Performs all miscellaneous duties as assigned necessary to fulfill the MISSION of Abilities Network.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of office/clerical support experience
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge of confidentiality.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight and often unexpected deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Must be resourceful and have the ability to problem solve.
- Must have analytical ability sufficient to assist with developing and implementing office procedures, incorporating program/grant procedure changes, and computing statistics.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer with standard software packages and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and experience with routine database data entry.
- Typing speed of 50+wpm.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs, transport materials and move materials to various training facilities when necessary.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
- Towson (Headquarters)
- Position Type: Full Time, Hourly