To facilitate instructional and program activities, teaming and collaboration, case management and staff development to promote an inclusive education model in child care, preschools, Head Starts, Family Child care programs and out of school time settings serving children birth through age 12. Provide case management and onsite consultative services for children with disabilities and/or challenging behaviors in childcare and out-of-school-time settings and serve as a mentor to educators to model developmentally appropriate strategies, behavior management techniques and inclusive practices. Facilitate training sessions and follow up technical assistance to child care providers statewide.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Challenges. Be a part of a growing organization that is a leader in its field.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Observe children in childcare settings and provide feedback regarding strengths as well as recommendations for improvement of the classroom or home environment.
- Utilize prescribed assessment tools and perform a functional behavior analysis for individual children as indicated to help determine the function of the child’s challenging behavior and strategies for behavior change.
- Develop a written support plan for individual children and assist classroom staff in implementing recommendations through on-site coaching, modeling, training and support.
- Informally (formally as needed) address children’s speech and language, cognitive, physical, and social and emotional development as well as daily living skills, and make recommendations for enhancing development or refer to appropriate resources as needed.
- Facilitate collaborative planning with IEP/IFSP service providers when needed and monitor student progress.
- Provide parents with the education, tools, knowledge and support to become more self sufficient in advocating for the full inclusion of their child with disabilities and/or challenging behaviors.
- Provide home based support when necessary.
- Facilitate team and other meetings concerning individual children.
- Collaborate with educational personnel, childcare providers and parent to generate developmentally appropriate activities for the school and community.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Psychology or a related field, as well as experience working with children with challenging behaviors, traumatic experiences and other developmental disabilities. Master’s Degree preferred .
- Requires a minimum of 2 years experience working with children ages birth to 5 with additional experience with older children preferred. .
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Fluent Spanish
- Must possess strong professional presentation skills with a minimum of 2 years of group training experience preferred.
- Must have daily access to a personal vehicle to travel within assigned region.
- In addition, availability to work some evenings and weekends and/or occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs., transport materials and move about training facilities necessary to train groups effectively.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
Job Location: Towson (Headquarters)
Position Type: Full-time, Salaried