Abilities Network is looking for a Human Resources Administrator to work as part of our Human Resources Team. In this role, your accountability focuses on providing superior customer service to all internal and external employee customers.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Challenges. Be a part of a growing organization that is a leader in its field.
- Ownership and responsibility for your position.
- Innovation. The opportunity to evaluate and improve existing processes.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Recognize and flag potential HR issues and help implement solutions as appropriate. Assist with implementation of agency changes. Respond to routine Human Resources or other agency inquiries from staff and public.
- Participate in human resources projects as needed, including gathering/calculating relevant people analytics, and planning/executing agency teambuilding and wellness events.
- Create and maintain employment and termination files, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Oversee HRIS and make recommendations on data entry, its usage, changes, maintenance and upgrades.
- Ensure agency compliance with FMLA, ADA, and workers compensation claims.
- Perform the standard administration of agency’s health, dental, life/LTD, and flexible spending plans, including educating staff and change reporting. Review monthly bills and coordinate mailing of plan documents.
- Perform the standard administration of agency’s 403b plan, including supporting the processing of loans, distribution requests, and hardship withdrawals. Coordinate mailing of plan notices.
- Oversee the performance evaluation process. Initiate any corresponding changes.
- File agency’s EEO-1 reporting annually, DLLR Workplace Injury Report annually, and Multiple Work Site Report quarterly.
- Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations, as assigned. Respond to State Unemployment Claims. Pursue denial of unemployment benefits, when appropriate.
- Generate routine Human Resource correspondence to include employment verifications, references, 403b rollouts, etc.
- Provide support as necessary to ensure effective and prompt posting of ads and circulation of internal and external job postings.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- HR certification (PHR or SHRM-CP) and 2-3 years of Human Resources experience. High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred. Non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Position requires strong knowledge and understanding of HR best practices and federal, state and local employment law.
- Position requires the ability to enter and retrieve data with proficiency through the use of computers with standard software packages, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Work requires strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to address various groups in a tactful manner.
- Position requires strong project, time management, and organizational skills to assume a variety of administrative tasks.
- Work requires interpersonal skills sufficient to exchange factual/confidential information, the ability to meet tight and often-unexpected deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of internal and external contacts. Requires a strong service orientation and ability to be socially perceptive, as well as the ability to actively listen to and learn from others.
- Position requires critical thinking and problem sensitivity skills. Must be able to recognize problems and work with others to orchestrate a successful and effective outcome.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
- Towson (Headquarters)
Position Type: Full Time, Hourly