Abilities Network is looking for a Director of Healthy Families to provide professional oversight to our Healthy Families Baltimore County (HFBC) team.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Ensures that all aspects of the HFBC program meet the national requirements outlined in the HFA Accreditation and Self Assessment Tool.
- Responsible for hiring, training and providing ongoing direct supervision for assigned staff to ensure quality provision of services.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with program referral sources.
- Works with appropriate staff to conduct policy/procedure revisions and develop training curricula when needed.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of evaluation tools for family services.
- Coordinates and staffs the HFBC Advisory Board in cooperation with the Program Assistant.
- Conducts presentations regarding program services to appropriate internal and external groups.
- Works cooperatively with the HFBC governing body (Local Management Board) to enhance program outcomes.
- Serves as agency/program representative on appropriate local and state subcommittees, workgroups, events, etc.
- Participate in external networking opportunities relating to family services and early childhood issues to search for opportunities to enhance/expand existing family service programs and/or develop new services.
Evaluation and Quality Assurance:
- Ensures the distribution and collection of all data forms and works with the Program Assistant to ensure that all data is input into PIMS in a timely fashion.
- Maintains communication with HFMD regarding the usage of designated evaluation tools and measures.
- Identifies additional assessment tools that measure child development and outcomes for families.
- Works with the Quality Assurance Manager to monitor adherence to HFA standards and maintain program accreditation.
- Funding, Reporting and Budgeting:
- Works cooperatively with designated staff to identify potential grant, fundraising, and expansion opportunities.
- Prepares and submits proposals for funding to appropriate local, state or federal funding sources.
- Monitor and submit appropriate reports to funders.
- Ensures appropriate expenditure of HFBC budget.
- Monitors HFBC grants in accordance with funder specifications.
- Communicate to ensure positive strong relationships are developed and maintained.
- Provide prompt, accurate and professional and/or outcome reporting to funders when required.
- Work with appropriate Program staff to develop materials and promote current and/or new programs to key audiences.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and dedication to Abilities Network’s MISSION and GUIDING PRINCIPLES.
- Actively promotes and represents agency philosophy through all interactions with both internal and external customers. Markets services to potential employers and other referral agents.
- Performs all miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in public health or human services administration or fields related to working with children and families (preferred), or Bachelor’s degree in these fields with three years of relevant experience.
- A solid understanding of, and experience in, managing staff.
- Administrative experience in human service or related field including experience in quality assurance/improvement and site development.
- Understanding of family-centered services, which embrace the concept of culturally sensitive, strength-based service provision required.
- Strong ability to cultivate positive professional relationships, think creatively and to seek and seize opportunities is necessary.
- Previous experience in grant writing.
- Transportation as necessary to fulfill the needs of the position.
- What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
- Towson (Headquarters)
Position Type: Full Time, Salaried