Abilities Network, a human services non profit, is looking for a Community Support Manager. In this role you will support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by skillfully leading a team of staff to deliver innovative, holistic services. Our supports include job seeking/job coaching, life skills and recreation activities. You would be meeting face to face with individuals, coordinating any service needs throughout the region, and spending the balance of the week managing scheduling, documentation and services.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and dedication to Abilities Network’s MISSION and GUIDING PRINCIPLES. Actively promotes and represents agency philosophy through all interactions with both internal and external customers. Performs all miscellaneous duties as assigned necessary to fulfill the MISSION of Abilities Network.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the customer service or human services field preferred.
- Leadership ability required.
- Must have access to transportation, as necessary to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Past demonstration of exceptional skills in the areas of Social Perceptiveness, Active Listening, Active Learning, Service Orientation, Critical Thinking, Complex Problem Solving, Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships, Integrity, Self-Control, Dependability, Cooperation, Stress Tolerance, Persistence, Persuasion, Negotiation, Instruction, Speaking and Writing is required.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach.
- Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Ownership and responsibility for your position.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
- Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
Location: Charles, Calvert and St. Mary’s Counties