The Healthy Families Program has an opening for a Community Resource Specialist to provide standardized screening and assessment services to families. Refer families to appropriate community services and resources including Healthy Families home visiting services. Represents program within the community and supports provision of family group meetings and events.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Ownership and responsibility for your position.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Work with the Community Resource Manager to serve as the first point of contact for all referrals to the program. Obtain referrals from community partners, enters referral information into the program’s databases and follows up with referral sources to obtain additional information when necessary.
- Coordinate with the Community Resource Manager to outreach referred families according to program policies and procedures and complete the screen for service eligibility.
- Maintain documentation of contact with families. Schedule the Parent Survey assessment for families that are eligible for services and mail resources to families who decline the Parent Survey assessment.
- Conduct up to eight Parent Survey needs assessments per week.
- Deliver the standardized tool and scores the assessment.
- Offers program services to families based on positive survey score.
- Serve as family advocate when making referrals to community programs.
- Maintain knowledge of current community resources.
- Develop individualized, creative outreach approaches to connecting with families who have difficulty with trust.
- Serve as a mandated reporter in instances of suspected abuse and/or neglect.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Develop documentation based on survey findings.
- Acknowledge families’ strengths in the documentation of all surveys.
- Submit documentation within 24 hours.
- Complete other documentation of services to families and adheres to established deadlines.
- Utilize ETO as required.
Communication and Coordination:
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings with supervisor.
- Coordinates with FSWs and Managers when families accept home visiting services so that family engagement occurs in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to FSWs with creative outreach when appropriate.
- Participates in team meetings.
- Attend training as defined by supervisor.
- Utilizes agency calendar as required for the position.
- Work with the Community Resource Manager as needed to identify potential business/agencies in the community in an effort to generate referrals.
- Represent the program in the community as needed.
Demonstrates an strong understanding and dedication to Abilities Network’s MISSION and GUIDING PRINCIPLES.
Actively promotes and represents agency philosophy through all interactions with both internal and external customers.
Markets services to potential employers and other referral agents.
Performs all miscellaneous duties as assigned necessary to fulfill the MISSON of Abilities Network.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
Bachelor’s degree required in Family and Children’s Services or related field. Three years home visitation or experience working with families accepted in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree. Experience with family services that embrace the concept of family centered principle and strength based service provision required. Experience in serving culturally diverse communities/families and the ability to be sensitive and appropriate are required. Transportation necessary to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position. Must be available to work in the evenings and weekends as necessary.
Position requires successful completion of 87 hours of Healthy Families America and curriculum training during the first 6 months and 10 hours of additional training within the first 12 months. Some training occurs over a 4-5 day block and could require travel to locations outside of the county or state of Maryland. All training and related expenses will be reimbursed by Healthy Families Baltimore County.
Must be able carry materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
Location: Headquarters, Towson
Position Type: Full-time, Hourly