Abilities Network is an organization that has been breaking barriers and creating change in the state of Maryland for the past 50 years. We transform the lives of individuals and families in need by giving them the opportunity to reach their full potential as members of their communities. This is made possible through the individualized and impactful programs that we offer. In order for us to touch as many lives as we can and continue to see the Maryland community thrive, we need your help.
Abilities Network facts and figures:
- 88 cents of every dollar donated to us goes directly to individuals in need
- We provide one-on-one supports to 200 children with autism, behavioral challenges, and developmental delays each year
- We train 1,400 teachers to better include children of all abilities in their classrooms each year
- 100% of working individuals receiving our employment supports have an occupation of their choice within their community
- We provide epilepsy education to over 1,500 police officers, school nurses, teachers, students, and employers in Maryland each year
- We actively preserve the over 80 families (parents, grandparents, and siblings) of babies in Baltimore County neighborhoods
The impact of Abilities Network:
- “I support Abilities Network because the mission is personally meaningful to me. The vulnerable members of our community need support and there is no better agency to provide that support than Abilities Network.” –Tina Beliveau, Board member
- “Abilities Network helps me with accessing the choices that are available to me in my community” – Stephen H., Western Region Community Partners
- “I support Abilities Network because I want to see my community grow and see every single person reach their goals in life, and I think the work that this organization does is the way to see that dream become a reality.” -Rachel Ungvarsky, Abilities Network Intern
- “I think Abilities Network is great! They help me try new things and my life is better because of that.” – Brian C., Western Region Community Partners
- “I support Abilities Network because it is a service provider with a civil rights backbone. Abilities Network provides crucial support services to individuals whose needs make them vulnerable, but approaches its mission with respect for the individuals it serves and for their autonomy. The organization understands that charity is not justice, that people with disabilities and people who are vulnerable because of poverty or age must receive the supports and services they need to be full members of their communities, and that anything less is not true equality. As a disability rights attorney and as the parent of a daughter with significant disabilities, this is why I choose to be an Abilities Network board member and to support this organization.” –Leslie Seid Margolis, Board member.
Because Abilities Network exists, Maryland’s child care centers, schools, employers, recreational opportunities and the community at large are empowered to better include the individuals we serve. Additionally, those individuals are equipped with the independence and the skills to succeed in their everyday lives. Help us continue to better the community and consider making a gift today!