We offer support group meetings for individuals and their families living with epilepsy. These meetings provide emotional support, information and comradeship. Our support groups enable people to realize that they are not alone in coping with epilepsy and that there are others who deal effectively with seizures.
- Towson support group meets at Abilities Network’s headquarters the third Tuesday of every other month.
- Columbia support group meets every other month. For more information regarding the Towson and Columbia support groups, contact Mary Wontrop at 410.828.7700 ext. 1246 or email@example.com
- Charles County support group meets at Charlotte Hall Library. For further information regarding the Charles County support group, contact Mary Wontrop at 410.828.7700 ext. 1246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teen Epilepsy Empowerment Now (T.E.E.N.) is a social and educational group for teenagers with seizures. This group meets on a quarterly basis at different locations throughout Central Maryland. Some of the activities they have already participated in include bowling, picnic and hiking. The teens have an opportunity to have fun while connecting with other teens that have epilepsy. For more information, contact Mary Wontrop at 410.828.7700 ext. 1246 or email@example.com
- Parent Group is a Yahoo! Group that provides the opportunity for parents of children with epilepsy to connect with each other, share questions, resources and information. Friends and families of people with epilepsy as well as individuals with epilepsy are invited to participate. Upcoming events and new resources available to families of children with epilepsy are posted in this group. Click here to join.
Click here to view our calendar with upcoming support groups.