Project ACT is looking for an Inclusion Specialist to provide coaching and mentoring to early childhood professionals to promote the inclusion of children with special needs, mental health concerns, and behavioral challenges in their community settings, facilitate teaming and collaboration, case management, and staff development to promote a collaborative education model in child care programs, preschools, Head Starts, Family Child care programs primarily serving children birth to five, provide case management and onsite consultative services for children in classroom and out of school time settings and model developmentally appropriate strategies and inclusive practices, facilitate training sessions and follow up technical assistance to child care providers statewide.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Challenges. Be a part of a growing organization that is a leader in its field.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Observe children in childcare settings and provide feedback regarding strengths as well as recommendations for improvement of the classroom or home environment and suggest changes to benefit individual children.
- Utilize prescribed assessment tools and perform a functional behavior analysis for individual children as indicated to help determine the function of the child’s challenging behavior and strategies for behavior change.
- Informally (formally as needed) address children’s speech and language, cognitive, physical, and social and emotional development as well as daily living skills, and make recommendations for enhancing development or refer to appropriate resources as needed.
- Facilitate collaborative planning and monitor student progress as indicated by IEP/IFSP.
- Collaborate with educational personnel, childcare providers and parents to generate developmentally appropriate activities for the school and community.
- Develop a written support plan for individual children and assist classroom staff in implementing recommendations through on-site modeling, training and support.
- Provide parents with the education, tools, knowledge and support to become more self sufficient in advocating for the full inclusion of their child with disabilities and/or challenging behaviors.
- Provide home based support as necessary. Facilitate team and other meetings concerning individual children.
- Document activities utilizing observation forms, intake forms and maintaining all contact notes, as well as any grant mandated forms.
- Provide all documentation and data to Project ACT Senior Inclusion Specialist for review on a monthly basis.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Special Education, Early Childhood Development or a related field.
- Must have completed coursework in curriculum and child development.
- Must have experience working with children with challenging behaviors, mental health concerns, and other developmental disabilities.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of classroom experience working with children, age birth to 5.
- Must possess strong professional presentation skills with a minimum of 2 years of group training experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Must have access to transportation as needed to fulfill the duties of position.
- Must have availability and flexibility to work some evenings and weekends. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs, transport materials and move about training facilities necessary to train groups effectively.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree
- Fluent Spanish
- Licensed Social Worker or Certified Special Educator
- Additional experience working with older children
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
Job Location: Towson (Headquarters)
Position Type: Full Time, Hourly