Project ACT is looking for an Inclusion Specialist to facilitate instructional and program activities, teaming and collaboration, case management and staff development to promote an inclusive education model in child care, preschools, Head Starts, Family Child care programs and out of school time settings serving children birth through age 12.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Challenges. Be a part of a growing organization that is a leader in its field.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Provides consultation services to individual cases as assigned and to centers as assigned.Observe referred children in childcare settings and provide feedback regarding strengths as well as recommendations for improvement of the environment and suggest changes to benefit individual children.Utilize prescribed assessment tools and perform a functional behavior analysis for individual children as indicated to help determine the function of the child’s challenging behavior and strategies for behavior change.Collaborate with educational personnel, childcare providers and parents to generate developmentally appropriate activities for the school and home.
- Develop a written support plan for individual children and assist classroom staff in implementing recommendations through on-site modeling.
- Provide parents with the education, tools, knowledge and support to become more self sufficient in advocating for the full inclusion of their child with disabilities and/or challenging behaviors.
- Facilitate team and other meetings concerning individual children.
- Document activities utilizing observation forms, intake forms and maintaining all contact notes, as well as any grant mandated forms.
- Maintain accurate and up to date files and provides support to families of assigned children through weekly follow up and support at educational and other meetings as requested by the family.
- Provide an invoice and work log for each pay period and attach to agency time sheet. Document time at each site and mileage for reimbursement.
- Provide follow up via email or telephone with any classroom/site specific or child specific concerns to the Project ACT Director within 48 hours of visit.
- Provide each site with notice of next visit. Maintain required documentation to include environmental assessments, action plans, notes etc.
- Provision of Project ACT training and technical assistance to child care programs as assigned. This activity involves the timely and professional presentation of a Project ACT created 2 or 3 hour training and follow up technical assistance that may include observing children receiving services in childcare settings and providing feedback regarding strengths and recommendations for improvement of the environment and suggest changes to benefit individual children.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
Must have a BA/BS Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Special Education or a related field required, Master’s Degree highly preferred. Must have a minimum of 4 years classroom experience working with children, birth to age 6. Must possess strong professional presentation skills with a minimum of 2-3 years of group training experience. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required. Must have access to transportation as needed to fulfill the duties of position. In addition, availability to work some evenings and weekends and/or occasional overnight travel may be required.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
Job Location: Towson (Headquarters)
Position Type: Full Time, Hourly