Abilities Network is looking for a Licensed Therapist to work as part of our Project ACT Team. In this role, your accountability focuses on facilitating instructional and program activities, teaming and collaboration, case management and staff development to promote a collaborative education model in child care, preschools, Head Starts, Family Child care programs and out of school time settings serving children birth through age 8. Provide case management and onsite consultative services for children in classroom and out of school time settings and serve as a mentor to educators to model developmentally appropriate strategies and inclusive practices. Facilitate training sessions and follow up technical assistance to child care providers statewide. Provide center or home based therapy to children and families.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- A strong team and support system.
- Challenges. Be a part of a growing organization that is a leader in its field.
- Exposure. Ability to partner with other programs and share your expertise.
- Innovation. The opportunity to evaluate and improve existing processes.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Observe children in childcare settings and provide feedback regarding strengths as well as recommendations for improvement of the classroom or home environment and suggest changes to benefit individual children.
- Utilize prescribed assessment tools and perform a functional behavior analysis for individual children as indicated to help determine the function of the child’s challenging behavior and strategies for behavior change.
- Informally (formally as needed) address children’s speech and language, cognitive, physical, and social and emotional development as well as daily living skills, and make recommendations for enhancing development or refer to appropriate resources as needed.
- Facilitate collaborative planning and monitor student progress as indicated by IEP/IFSP.
- Collaborate with educational personnel, childcare providers and parents to generate developmentally appropriate activities for the school and community.
- Develop a written support plan for individual children and assist classroom staff in implementing recommendations through on-site modeling, training and support.
- Provide parents with the education, tools, knowledge and support to become more self sufficient in advocating for the full inclusion of their child with disabilities and/or challenging behaviors.
- Provide home based support as necessary.
- Facilitate team and other meetings concerning individual children.
- Document activities utilizing observation forms, intake forms and maintaining all contact notes, as well as any grant mandated forms.
- Provide all documentation and data to Project ACT Senior Inclusion Specialist for review on a monthly basis.
- Utilize research-based cognitive/behavioral strategies to facilitate behavior change.
- Provide wrap around services between the child’s early learning program and their home. Ensure that behavioral support strategies are consistent in all environments.
- Provide strengths-based services that are consistent with the family’s values and culture.
- Ensure that families have a plan to access crisis intervention services. Schedule sessions at times that are convenient for families.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- Must have a Master’s Degree and licensure in Maryland as an LCSW-C or LCPC. Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years experience working with children, birth to 6 with additional experience with older children preferred.
- Must possess strong professional presentation skills with a minimum of 2 years of group training experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required. Must have access to transportation as needed to fulfill the duties of position.
- In addition, availability to work some evenings and weekends and/or occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs, transport materials and move about training facilities necessary to train groups effectively.What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, and status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
- Towson (Headquarters) and the Baltimore Metropolitan Area
Position Type: Full-time, Hourly