Abilities Network is looking for a Household Packer to work as part of our Move Management Services Team. In this role, your accountability focuses on packing and unpacking household goods and personal belongings, with an emphasis on caring and courteous service provision to help seniors through the process of downsizing.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Sort belongings with input from the client. Use compassion and empathy when helping each client work through this process.
- Pack and unpack goods and belongings.
- Use hand and/or power tools to assemble and disassemble household items.
- Examine and inspect materials to ensure that packing specifications are met.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- Willingness to be on-call usually day time during the week (with typically 2+ weeks notice), as necessary, to fulfill the duties of the position. Must be able to commit to completing each assigned move (typically 2-3 days per move).
- Good communication skills, including active listening skills and the ability to convey information effectively.
- Superior customer services skills, as well as the ability to be compassionate, empathetic, and socially perceptive.
- Ability to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms and legs, and moving of your whole body.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
- Towson (Headquarters)
Position Type: Part-time, Hourly