Family Support Worker
Abilities Network is looking for a Family Support Worker to work as part of our Healthy Families Team. In this role, your accountability focuses on providing family-centered, strength-based interventions directed at establishing a trusting relationship within families in order to optimize parent/child relationships.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Facilitate home visits in order to support parents to improve the family support system, increase the family’s ability to problem solve and assume the role of advocate for themselves and their children
- Support parents to assess and monitor the development of their child.
- Utilize curriculum to facilitate age appropriate interaction between parent and child. Plans curricula based developmental activities for each schedule visit.
- Develop the Individual Family Support Plan based on family’s strengths, stresses, and needs in partnership with the family in required time frames
- Obtains assessment information in a timely manner, ensuring that state required outcomes are addressed with families according to appropriate schedules
- Work in cooperation with team members to schedule monthly parent groups
- Identifies resources for families and maintains communication with outside referral sources and providers; appropriately refers families
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- Bachelor’s degree in Family and Children’s Services or related field. Three years of home visitation or experience working with families accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience working with family services that embrace the concept of family-centered principles and strength-based service provision required
- Experience in serving culturally diverse communities/families and the ability to be sensitive and appropriate
- Daily use of personal vehicle to travel within Baltimore County
- Regular availability to work some nights and/or Saturdays
- Successful completion of Healthy Families America core training and 90 hours of Wrap Around Training during the first six month. All training occurs over a 4-day block and could require travel to locations outside of the state of MD. All trainings and related expenses will be reimbursed by Healthy Families.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
- Towson (Headquarters)
Position Type: Full Time, Hourly