Healthy Families is a national initiative that works with new mothers and fathers to develop supportive, enriching parenting practices through home visits and community support. Abilities Network’s Healthy Families Baltimore County program is growing and in need of an experienced professional to ensure quality provision of services to families by providing strength-based supervision to direct service staff.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population of families in Baltimore County.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping families and children realize their fullest potential.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Challenges. Be a part of a growing organization that is a leader in its field.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Provide supervisory support for up to five family support workers and ensure quality service provision that respects the families served.
- Work with the Department of Health administrative staff to enhance the program model through the integration of Public Health Nurse services.
- Integrate feedback from Parent Survey Assessments and ensure continuity of services for families enrolled in the program.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Healthy Families America Standards to ensure adherence to the program model.
- Function as a team leader by assisting with the facilitation of team meetings, daily support and crisis management to all team members.
- Work with the program’s administrative team to develop and revise orientations, screening/assessment tools and curricula training for staff.
- Participate in Quality Assurance practices to ensure continuous quality improvement.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or fields related to working with children and families with a minimum of three years of relevant experience required, Master’s degree a plus.
- A solid understanding of/experience in supervising and motivating staff, as well as providing support to staff in a stressful work environment.
- Experience in early childhood prevention services; home visiting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of infant and child development, parent-child attachment, maternal-infant health and dynamics of child abuse and neglect.
- Experience with providing family services that embrace the concepts of family-centered, strength-based, culturally sensitive service provision..
- Must have access to transportation as needed to fulfill the duties of position.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends and position request successful completion of 135 hours of Healthy Families America and curriculum training during the first 6 months. Some training occurs over a 4-5 day block and could require travel to locations outside of the county or state of Maryland. All training and related expenses are paid.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
Job Location: Towson (Headquarters)
Position Type: Full-time