Employment Specialist/Support Manager
Abilities Network is looking for an Employment Specialist/Support Manager to join part of our Community and Employment Partners team. In this role, your accountability focuses on supporting adults with developmental disabilities funded through Department of Rehabilitative Services (DORS) to obtain employment in the community.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Ownership and responsibility for your position.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Promptly conducts intakes with all individuals eligible for DORS/Abilities Network work force services. Develop Individual Plans based on funding/service and job seeker’s goals.
- Access each individual’s interests, experiences, living expenses, needs, preferences, availability, location, and transportation issues and translates that into feasible employment opportunities.
- Research and locate opportunities and resources that support employment goals in each individual’s community.
- Skillfully support individuals in preparing to complete applications, create resumes, interview well, follow up with “thank yous” and successfully navigate any other application screening processes.
- Promote consumer independence on the job, encourages development of individual’s interpersonal skills to create natural on-the-job supports. Appropriately “fades” in or out of supports.
- Maintain consistent pro-active communication with DORS counselors, supervisor, and all other involved parties as directed. Continuously monitors DORS funded hours for each individual as directed.
- Collects, submits, and maintains accurate documentation required by DORS and Abilities Network within required time frames.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and daily access to a personal vehicle to travel within assigned region.
- Availability to work a 40 hour work week, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Excellent time management and customer service skills.
- Strong ability to think creatively and develop strong internal and external relationships and resources.
- Technical knowledge to operate a laptop to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to push, assist, and transfer the weight of an average adult in and out of a wheelchair. Must be able carry materials weighing up to 35 lbs. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, up to an entire work day, to provide job coaching in various work environments.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, and status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
- Howard, Northern Anne Arundel, Northern Prince Georges, Montgomery Counties
Position Type: Full-time, Hourly