Abilities Network is looking for a Community Support Professional to work as part of our Community & Employment Partners Team. In this role, your accountability focuses on skillfully supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in preparing for, maintaining, and succeeding in their employment endeavors, community living, housing, money management, insurance, etc, as a stepping stone toward personal independence.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Ownership and responsibility for your position.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Assist individuals served in exploring their interests and experience and translating that into potential jobs. Help individuals identify their needs and preferences in work schedules, salary, location, and transportation.
- Actively support individuals in accessing appropriate resources related to community living, housing, money management, health care and transportation to promote their growth and independence.
- Assist individuals in working toward personal independence by supporting the acquisition and incorporation of new skills and building a system of natural supports.
- Deliver customized services tailored to each individual’s preferences and personal goals.
- Provide on-the-job coaching to assist individuals in becoming independent on the job.
- Encourage the development of individual’s interpersonal skills to create natural supports at their work site.
- Complete daily documentation of the work that was conducted with the individuals toward completing/achieving their goals.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college is preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and positive driving record with access to daily use of personal vehicle to travel with in assigned region.
- Excellent time management and customer service skills.
- Strong ability to think creatively and develop strong internal and external relationships and resources.
- Availability to work a 40-50 hour work week, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Technical knowledge to operate a laptop and use Microsoft office suite.
- Must be able to stand for periods up to four hours in duration.
What else do I get at Abilities Network?
In addition to an amazing company culture and team environment, eligible employees are entitled to an array of company benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/Long-term Disability insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick, holiday)
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (medical, dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary day off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
Location: Harford, Cecil and SE Baltimore County Region
Position Type: Full-time, Hourly