Abilities Network is looking for a Support Specialist to work as part of our Community & Employment Partners Team. In this role, your accountability focuses on actively supporting individuals with developmental disabilities related to community living, housing, money management, insurance, employment, etc. as a stepping stone toward personal independence. This position will work in Frederick and Washington Counties.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Ownership and responsibility for your position.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Actively support individuals with developmental disabilities in accessing appropriate resources related to community living, housing, money management, health care and transportation to promotee their growth and independence.
- Assist individuals in working toward personal independence by supporting the acquisition and incorporation of new skills and building a system of natural supports.
- Deliver customized services tailored to each individual’s preferences and personal goals.
- Provide on-the-job coaching to assist individuals in becoming independent on the job. Encourage the development of individual’s interpersonal skills to create natural supports at their work site.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Daily use of personal vehicle to travel within region.
- Availability to work a 40 hour work week, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Technical knowledge to operate a laptop and use Microsoft office suite.
Abilities Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by applicable law.
Job Location: Carroll and Frederick Counties
Position Type: Full time, Hourly